Community rallies in Oakland after BBQ Controversy, KRON 4, May 15, 2018
"This wasn't an isolated incident of a white person calling the police on a black person. There's a pattern that's been happening all across the country," said Nikki Fortunato Bas, who is running for City Council District 2.
Nikki Bas, Challenger to Oakland Councilmember Abel Guillen, Raises $43K in Two Months, East Bay Express, February 1, 2018, by Darwin BondGraham
Oakland City Council District 2 candidate Nikki Fortunato Bas raised $43,000 in November and December, according to a campaign statement filed on Wednesday. Her fundraising spree indicates a competitive race for Oakland's D2 council seat in this year's election.
Thousands Join Women's Marches Across Bay Area, NBC Bay Area, January 21, 2018
Hope is focused on turning things around at the ballot box including more women candidates [like Nikki Fortunato Bas], an Oakland mom.
- APEN (Asian Pacific Environmental Network) Action, May 2, 2018
- ACCE (Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment) Action, April 24, 2018
- Painters (District Council 16 International Union of Painters & Allied Trades), April 10, 2018
- Oakland Rising Action, April 5, 2018
- SEIU Local 1021, March 13, 2018
NIKKI IN THE MEDIA ON ISSUES
NOTE: Any reference to a non-profit organization, including the candidate’s employer, does not imply endorsement.
- SFGate names Nikki Fortunato Bas a "Changemaker", SFGate, January 1, 2012, by Jessica Lum
- Transit Equity Could Transform our Communities - Let's Not Wait Any Longer, Medium, February 5, 2018, by Nikki Fortunato Bas
- These Wall Street Companies Are Ready to Cash in on Trump's Border Wall, The Intercept, November 16, 2017, by Alice Speri
- Port of Oakland Jobs Deal Should be a Model for Amazon and Other Warehousing Corporations, East Bay Express, November 2, 2017, by Nikki Fortunato Bas & Jahmese Myres
- States Push Jim Crow When They Override Minimum Wage Laws, The Hill, August 31, 2017, by Nikki Fortunato Bas
- No, The Anti-Immigrant Border Wall Isn't the Infrastructure Project Americans Voted For, Colorlines, May 8, 2017, by Nikki Fortunato Bas & Cristina Jimenez
- Wins in cities paved way for California’s minimum wage hike, Sacramento Bee, April 1, 2016, by Nikki Fortunato Bas & Roxana Tynan
- Supreme Court Case May Inflict Harm on Hard-Working Families, East Bay Times, January 18, 2016, by Nikki Fortunato Bas
- Bringing Paris Home - Recommitting to Solving the Climate Crises, Huffington Post, December 20, 2015, by Nikki Fortunato Bas