Join the It's OUR Time Contingent at the Oakland Women's March with City Council Candidate for District 2, Nikki Fortunato Bas!
In celebration of Nikki’s bold decision to run for Oakland City Council District 2, let’s march together at the Oakland Women’s March in an intergenerational contingent celebrating women of color leaders, rooted and committed to Oakland.
- It's OUR Time... as women of color to lead
- It's OUR Time... as women of multi-generations to teach, learn, and march together
- It’s OUR Time… as children of color to be proud and confident
- It's OUR Time... to stand up with working families
- It’s OUR Time… to support the rights of our LGBTQI neighbors
- It’s OUR Time… to make our voices heard and be the change we want in the world
On Saturday, January 20, 2018, Women’s March Oakland will unite with other cities across the world to reaffirm the commitment to building a positive and just future for all. The march will be honoring the movement that brought out 5 million marchers on January 21, 2017, in what is considered the largest single-day demonstration in U.S. history. This year’s event will focus on voter education and participation as well as uplifting tomorrow’s leaders, with the theme, “HEAR OUR VOTE! First we Marched and Now we Run!”
Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, meet at 9:30AM
Meet behind the Cameron-Stanford House at 1418 Lakeside Dr, Oakland, CA 94612. There is a grassy area where we can make signs, and walk together to the Lake Merritt Amphitheater for the rally. Look for the blue and green signs!
Noisemakers! Instruments, bullhorns, drums. Friends and family of all ages.
Looking forward to marching in solidarity together!